Welcome to the West Cumbria Dyslexia Association where you can find support and help with dyslexia issues.
Our aim is to help dyslexic adults, children and families of those affected by dyslexia.
We are a voluntary organisation and a registered charity.
Services we offer:
- Helpline for people with queries about dyslexia in adults or children and the support available.
- Befrienders, the opportunity to chat in person to those experienced in dealing with dyslexia.
- Saturday Classes for children with dyslexia or reading and spelling difficulties. in Maryport, Seascale, and Carlisle.
- Liaison with schools and adult education centres.
- Meetings with visiting speakers and fundraising events.
- Links to specialised help.
- Run regular ‘Tech Day’ Events where parents and teachers can come and find out more about the latest technology and teaching aids.
WCDA covers Copeland and Allerdale and Carlisle and we do respond to calls from outside the area.
Click here to view our WCDA Safeguarding Policy 2019