Review of the Year 2014 to 2015
Chair’s Report 2015
It has been a slightly quieter year after all last year’s activities.
The major things to report are:
* Maryport Saturday Class has continued to support local young people with dyslexia.
* Train The Brain at Seascale has had a change of staff with Stef Tallentyre taking over from Leanne.
We want to thank Leanne for all her hard work in setting up and running the class.
* We have provided awareness training at Broughton School.
* Carol has provided some adult tuition.
* On the training front Lesley and Alison accessed a BDA webinar on dyscalculia.
* On the advertising front (after much encouragement from Vivienne) we have had several promotions on Radio Cumbria.
* We have purchased a pop-up banner.
* Last, but not least, we hosted a technology event for Iansyst and, although the potential of the event was not maximised as we had hoped, there were some positives that came out of it.
Many thanks to all this year who have contributed so much to carrying on the good work of the association.